CANADA PR ELIGIBILITY: What you should have

22 Aug, 2018

Not sure if you are qualified or eligible for Canada's Permanent Residency (PR) application. This article is written to expose you to the Canada PR eligibility requirements you need to become an applicant for the Canada Permanent Residency Status.

Below are some of the requirements to be met before becoming an eligible candidate to apply for Canada Permanent Residency, these requirements are formed putting into consideration factors that will favor their economy. Once one meets all these requirements, then that person is an eligible candidate.


Language Ability: Your language ability is scored, you will need to get seven points each in the four measurement yardsticks, which are Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening. The other language criteria for eligibility is that your IELTS score must be less than two years old at the very time of finishing the immigration process. Proficiency in the French language will surely give you an extra score.


Work Experience: All applicants are required to have as low as one year of steady work experience in the previous ten years in the skill O, A, or B group in the (NOC) National Occupational Classification list.


Education Eligibility: All applicants must possess a valid education degree which is proficient to your area of specialization in your line of work. A high school diploma to a Ph.D. degree is valid and accepted, but the level of your education will determine the level of the job you will get in Canada, so it is advisable to get a master’s degree.


Minimum Points for Selection: There is a required minimum point that needs to be met before you can be selected as an eligible candidate. The CRS cut-off mark in the just concluded Express Entry draw is 456. So having a score such as that might mean you have met the requirements.


Age Criteria: Ages between 18 to 35 years old have higher chances because they will be getting the highest score in the CRS system, but ages below 18 are strictly not allowed to travel unless you apply for Permanent Residency as a dependent of your guardian or your parents.


Proof of Funds: Unless you are migrating with an employment letter from Canada or a set job already, you have to produce proof of funds that should last you and your family for three months. This proof of funds might be in the form of official documents from your financial institutions.