Going into Canada requires you to obtain a Canada visa. It is exactly what permits you to travel into Canada legally and stay permanently or temporary depending on your purpose of travel. Been granted a Canadian visa means you are deemed eligible for it. There are certain Canada visa requirements that must be fulfilled before you can be issued a Canada visa.
General requirements for Canada visa
- In order for you to successfully apply for a Canada visa, you must be free of any criminal record which you may need to back up with a police report.
- You must be able to speak, write, understand, and communicate in English or French. Canada is a bilingual country; you must be fluent in one of their official languages (French and English).
Documents required for Canada visa
- Your completely filled visa forms
- A valid travel document. Make your passport available and make sure it is valid.
- Two colored passport photographs. The photographs must meet the visa passport requirements. Visa passport requirements include; the passport must be taken within the last 6 months to show your current look, a white or off white background, full view of the face facing the camera, keep a neutral facial expression with the eyes open, uniforms should not be worn, etc.
- Proof of a non-refundable application fee. Even if the IRCC rejects your application, you won't be getting a refund of your application fee. Your proof must also show that you have enough money to visit Canada.
- You are required to submit other documents like an ID card, proof of employment, a letter that bears your invitation to Canada by friends or relatives. These documents are often requested to show your ties with your country.
- Copy of your travel itinerary, flight booking, and accommodation reservations.
- Medical report. You need to provide a document that proves that you are in good health.
- Travel history: your previous passports may be demanded. Previous passports showing travel history.
- Documents to support your application: documents like your marriage certificate and your invitation letter. They are additional documents to support your application (i.e., marriage certificates, invitation letters serve as support documents for your Canada visa application.
- You may need to provide evidence that you are in good health.
- A letter of authorization from both parents or guardian is usually requested from applicants below 18 years but traveling alone. Minors may not get a successful application without their parent's or legal guardian's authorization.